Retail & Office
Workers’ compensation premiums are calculated, in part, by the kinds of work performed. Many businesses have multiple functions performed by different kinds of employees – others have just a few people who wear many different hats. It’s important to classify employees accurately – based on what they spend the majority of their time doing – because this could alter your premium dramatically.
What To Know
- Professional & Technical Services includes specialized services performed for individuals or other businesses, such as agencies and consulting services. Most jobs in this industry are in an office setting and low risk.
- The nature of your business, number of employees being covered and past coverage and claims are all factors in how much your premium will cost.
- Muscle strains, slip-and-fall injuries, carpal tunnel syndrome and other repetitive stress injuries are the most commonly cited claims in office settings.
- Workers’ compensation insurance covers wage replacement and medical bills for employees injured on the job. To protect against other injuries at your place of business, you may need general liability insurance.
About Work Class Codes
Many businesses have several work class codes that describe what their employees do. It’s important to classify each group of employees accurately because it could alter your premium dramatically.
Professional & Technical Services Work Class Codes
- Architectural & Engineering Services
- Law Offices
- Tax Preparation
- Veterinary Practices
- Graphic Design & Art Services
- Computer & Software Services
- Marketing & PR Agencies
Here's What You Need to Get Started
To buy workers compensation insurance, you need to request a quote from a licensed insurance agent and provide some details about your business.
Here’s what to have in front of you:
- Number of employees in each class code.
- Total payroll for all employees. You may be able to exclude yourself if you don’t wish to be covered under the policy.
- Federal ID Number. If you are a sole proprietor, you can use your Social Security Number.
- Copy of your workers comp insurance policy, if you’ve had coverage or claims in the past few years. If you know your company’s experience mod, please have your experience mod rating sheet or policy in front of you. Otherwise, you will be assigned a default rating of 1.0.
The information on this page has been interpreted and summarized for your convenience. Please consult your state’s governing authority for the most current and complete legislation.
If you employ workers in multiple states or your employees are temporarily working out-of-state, you need to purchase insurance for all the states where your workers are located, according to each state’s laws.
Call 704-341-2650 and let us walk you through it.
The nature of your business, number of employees being covered and past coverage and claims are all factors in how much your premium will cost.
Experienced Agents You Can Trust
If you’re looking to get a cheaper workers comp rate you’re in the right place. Click the get a quote button and receive an email or a call back in under 24 hours! What are you waiting for it’s free!
Years Of Experience
Get a free quote in under 24 hrs and a call back or email from one of our experienced agents.